Monday, May 11, 2009

I had Sex With It…


Box Office Results for 5/8/2009

1.
Star Trek
Prediction: $77 million
Actual: $79 million (this includes $4 million from Thursday night shows, which I’m including)

2.
Wolverine
Prediction: $30 million
Actual: $26 million

- As Red said to Andy when he learned the full extent of his money laundering schemes, “did I say you were good? Shit, you’re a Rembrandt.” Yes, Red, yes I am.

- I think the title of this post says it all, but I think it’s worth noting that the Box Office showed up at my house this morning asking for abortion money.

- I think the Star Trek wagon keeps rolling, I bet it averages close to $5m a day this week and puts up another $45-50 weekend next week – putting it right around $150m after 10 days – a phenomenal opening for a movie we had questions about a few days ago.

- Not to be a gasteroid from the Planet Leakycokcle, but the film vastly underperformed overseas with only $35m. My overall prediction of $525 overall was based on very, very strong international numbers, unless we can complete the Overbunder Canal in under 10 Parsecs I could be in trouble with that one.

- Wow, Wolverine sure faded quickly huh? I predicted the film to drop 65% - it dropped 70% to $26m. However, it’s made $129 here and $254m worldwide – with a price tag of $150, this should still make a nice little profit – anytime you drop in the 70s though, that’s a big number.


JR

No comments: