Thursday, June 28, 2007

Songs to Sweat by


Shouldn’t every Ipod come equip with a pre-installed playlist entitled ‘Run Your Fat Ass’? Or shouldn’t there be a section on iTunes where users can contribute their favorite work out songs? I seem to have a difficult time making exercise mixes. Inevitably I get bored with my selections or only really want to hear 4 of the 10 songs on the list.

Eminem is easily one of the best. Most Rage Against The Machine songs get me going. Lately I can listen to most songs from The Streets when I’m working out. But inevitably there are always a handful of songs on my workout playlist that I skip. I spend half of my workout skipping songs. I’m not what the doctor’s call “in shape.” So wasting time fiddling with these things when I’m actually working out is really becoming a problem.

Here’s what we’re going to do at Apples & Moustaches (the only true voice of sanity.) We’re going to keep a running list of good songs to workout to. No bullshit. No ‘is this song 3 minutes or 4’ running through your head. No ‘I’ll push it harder tomorrow’. These aren’t just songs that work for a week or a month at a time…these are knock down, sweat pouring, rim rattling, ears ringing, staring down the beefy dude in the corner who could squish your head like a ping pong ball songs.

It starts with these 5 today. We’ll add more as we see fit.

Best Songs to Lift to:
1. Catch Hell Blues – White Stripes
2. Lose Yourself – Eminem
3. Doe Boy Fresh – Three 6 Mafia
4. Walk it Out Remix - Unk, Andre 3000, Jim Jones
5. This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race – Fall Out Boy

No comments: